We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website’s users and subscribers; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information, as defined in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000.
We may process your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of certain services and/or functionalities available on the website
- supply to you services subscribed for via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communication
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send you marketing communication relating to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing communication by sending us an email requesting to be deleted from our mailing list; we will effect such deletion within 36 hours after receipt of your email)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud
The only information which will be published is information which you submit specifically for publication and/or display on the website. If there is certain information that you do not want to be viewed, do not submit that information for publication on the website.
The main ways in which we collect personal information about you are as follows:
- when you submit personal information to us, whether by registering as a user of the website, submitting a subscription application, or in any other manner
- when you use the CocoáFair website, our system automatically collects information relating to your visit to our website, for example your IP address
We may collect and process the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographic location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any subscription packages in respect of which you have paid a subscription fee, and your credit card details
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us as a registered user of our website (including your name, phone number, physical and postal addresses, and email address)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name, phone number, physical and postal addresses, and email address)
- any other information that you choose to send to us
We will destroy our records of your personal information once those records are no longer required by us.
When you purchase a subscription on our website, or engage in any other kind of activity on our website that uses financial information, you consent to the provision, by us, of your financial information to our service providers and to such third parties (for example, credit card companies and/or banking institutions) as we consider necessary to support and process your activities.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law; please note that it is our policy to co-operate with relevant authorities in relation to law enforcement inquiries; we can (and you authorise us to) disclose any information about you to such authorities as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with the investigation of any activity that is illegal, or which may expose us or you to legal liability
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- if we plan to transfer all or a part of the CocoáFair assets or business to another party, in which case such disclosure will be made to the party interested in acquiring the assets or business, on an anonymised basis
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another CocoáFair user, any member of the public or any member of CocoáFair itself
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information by using this site.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. We do not guarantee, and you should therefore not expect, that your personally identifiable information or private communication will always remain private.
We cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any personal information by a third party. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a reasonable administrative fee
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by an attorney/solicitor or a bank, plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current physical address)
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to email@example.com.
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your email, we will update your personal information accordingly as soon as reasonably possible.
We reserve the right to retain on our records information you have requested be removed from our active databases for certain purposes, such as to resolve disputes and enforce our terms and conditions. Please also note that information submitted to us by you may in some instances never be completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints. You should therefore not expect that all of your personally identifiable information will be completely removed from our databases in response to any request you may submit.