Vegan White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Berry Compote
Try this amazing plant based vegan and dairy free white chocolate panna cotta. It is so simple with 3 ingredients.
It is quick and easy for those last minutes when you feel like dessert.
Yield: 4 x 110ml glass cups
340g Firm Silken Tofu
1 cap Vanilla Essence (or 1tsp cardamom and 1 orange`s zest)
250g Mixed Berries (washed)
1. Place the tofu in a VitaMix or Hand Blender cup
2. Gently melt the chocolate on a double boiler. Add the molten chocolate to the tofu together with the vanilla essence or any other flavouring of your choice.
**Cardamom and Orange zest goes great together but lemon essence/rose water/orange blossom water are great additives as well.
3. Blend the mixture until silky smooth.
4. Pour into desired cups or glasses and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
5. In the meantime, wash all the berries. Keep half of them whole for decoration and chop the other half finely. Add 1 tablespoon sugar or sweetener (maltitol or xylitol) to the berries and in a small pot, bring to the boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and keep aside until cool.
4. Once the panna cotta has set, scoop the berry sauce over it in equal quantities, decorate with fresh berries and enjoy. You can also serve it with finger biscuits or layer the panna cotta with your favourite crumble or cookie.