We started exploring what else we could make with our chocolate brownie recipe.
The first idea that came to mind when we tasted the fudgy brownies, was that this could make a great chocolate fondant.
We were however a bit worried. We would not be able to follow the normal steps of separating the eggs and follow some other steps in making a fondant, worthy of a great restaurant.
Well....were we surprised and we think you will be as well.
Skill Level : Level 2 (I can use whisk)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 7 minutes
1 x Packet of COCOAFAIR Chocolate Brownie Pre-Mix
300 ml of water
Split the chocolate drops from the brownie pre-mix into c. 12g portions
1. Preheat oven to 210 Degrees Celsius (fan forced).
2. Spray the dariole moulds or ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Empty the Brownie pre-mix into a mixing bowl and add the 300g water. Mix thoroughly.
4. Scoop and weigh into each mould 115g of the batter. Once all the batter has been divided, press 12g chocolate into the centre of each mould.
5. Place the moulds in the centre of the oven on a baking tray, close the oven and start a timer for 7 minutes. This will give you 7 minutes to prepare the plates for serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whip the cream.. or water the garden.
6. Once the timer goes off, take out the fondant. Using a cloth so you don’t burn, gently turn out the fondant onto the plate. Dust with icing sugar if you wish
Only one things left to do is enjoy the fondant and bask in the admiration of your guests.